Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Introducing Busy Mom Kimya

Introducing Busy Mom Kimya

New Year, New Blog!  I’ve been writing Travel as a Way of Life for a while.  It started as a way to promote our vacationrental home in Pompano Beach, FL.  And it grew into an opportunity for me to share my opinions, experiences and advice on travel.  However, it did limit me to one topic, travel.  But there is so much more that is happening or that I’ve discovered and I’d like to share. 

For example, in November, I had the pleasure of appearing on my favorite cooking show The Chew The show combines many of my favorite things, cooking, eating, cocktails and crafts.  It was such a great experience.  I met two awesome women with the same interests who were appearing on the same episode.  I also got to meet the hosts (Carla Hall, Mario Batali, Clinton Kelly and Michael Symon), they and everyone affiliated with the show was very kind, upbeat and fun! 
BMK on The Chew

My segment was viewers sharing Thanksgiving tips.  Mine was a craft which I affectionately named, “Snack Turkey.”  If by chance you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen it J  Here it is: Turkey Tipsters (click to view)

I loved doing the segment.  Clinton and Michael kept me laughing and smiling the whole time. But the most significant moment was my intro.  Clinton introduced me as “Busy Mom Kimya!”  As Oprah would say, light bulb moment!  I am Busy Mom Kimya.  It’s the phrase that best describes me.  I’m often at a loss of how to describe my, “situation.”  Sometimes I’ll take consulting gigs as an IT trainer or project manager, sometimes I won’t because I need to focus more time on parenting.  Always, I’m working on our real estate investment business and usual I’m involved in some other projects, PTA, charity, etc.  Whenever possible I try to work from home.  I have a nice office set up here and I prefer it to going in to a company building.  So I’m not a stay at home mom, though I’m a mom who stays home.  Am I a working mom?  Yes, but I do feel guilty using that title because I don’t commute and spend 8-10 in accessible hours away from my kid as many working moms  must do.  I can do school pick up, drop off and PTA meetings (when not tied up in a demanding consulting contract).  So that title doesn’t fit either.  But I am Busy Mom Kimya!  Nuff said ;-)
BMK gets everyone (including the dogs) matching Christmas PJs from The Company Store


So as of November 10, 2015 (the date of the taping) that is the name I have adopted for myself and hence forth only wish to be referred to as such.  BMK for short will do as well.  Fine! If I can’t convince the world (or Starbucks) to call me only by that name, I can at least make it the name of this new blog!  Busy Mom Kimya will share with you her tips on anything and everything.  For instance today I read in consumer reports that you can use the website Get Human to make customer service calls for you.  The site will call you when a service representative answers the phone.  This way you can use that hold time to be more productive.  And while you have some down time read the Nightingale.  Don’t complain because it starts of very slowly.  You’ll thank me at the end.

BMK is wrapping it up now because her recent trips to the gym and Duckie’s Hip Hop dance class have left even her shoulders sore.  But she looks forward to having lots of fun posting on this new blog and reading your comments.  She will also stop referring to herself in the third person in 3, 2 1 ….

-Busy Mom Kimya


#youonthechew

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog BMK! I would also like to add that BMK found me a great deal on a 3pc Pyrex set yesterday! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. 3 Pyrex measuring cups in various sizes up to 4 cups for $7 at Costco. They used to be $10 and I think they are clearing them out now. So run to your local Costco now if you want htem.

    ReplyDelete